Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Status: Contract to Hire
Responsible for all aspects of software quality assurance including test strategy and planning, manual and automated test execution, and tracking and analysis of test results. Work effectively and efficiently with product management and programming staff. Maintain a high degree of error-free test plans, programs, procedures, systems, and documentation of software releases.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The QA Analyst must exhibit the following characteristics:
• Team orientation
• Curiosity and Assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• High level of urgency
• Commitment to winning
• Agent of change
• Customer Focus
• Sense of Humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
• Belief in personal and team accountability
• Attention to detail
• 3+ years testing Windows desktop applications
• 3+ years testing web-based applications, including web services
• 1+ years testing internationalized applications, including differences in languages and currencies
• Experience with data processing, preferably in the credit card industry
• Experience using debugging tools, software source control, and issue tracking systems
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the IT Team, the QA Analyst will perform some or all of the following:
• Test Windows desktop applications in multiple operating systems.
• Test web-based applications in multiple operating systems and web browsers.
• Create and maintain test plans that ensure comprehensive testing according to systems specifications.
• Develop and execute system and regression level testing scenarios.
• Log and track defects.
• Pre-screen software problem reports to determine deviation from system specifications.
• Monitor product quality.
• Work with development and project teams to ensure releases are error-free.
• Ensure technical documentation and systems are in agreement.
• Design, implement, and maintain complex testing environments, including localization and stress test environments.
• Utilize automated testing software.
• Interact with third parties for systems integration and certification.
• Miscellaneous tasks assigned by the QA Lead.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Required skills and knowledge
• Principles, practices, methods, procedures and terminology used in software quality assurance
• Technical problem-solving and analytical skills as well as reasoning ability
• Technical writing, including test documentation
• In-depth knowledge of Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and relational data modeling concepts
• Proficiency with T-SQL
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, combined with outstanding interpersonal skills
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
• Work with a high level of motivation under minimal supervision
• Use creativity, sound judgment and foresight to identify potential problems with assigned application software systems
• Read and interpret technical materials
• Interpret user problems and suggest appropriate system change proposals to correct defects and to enhance system functionality and performance
• Anticipate potential software problems by creating exhaustive test scenarios to ensure comprehensive testing
• Communicate and work effectively with a variety of personnel in a team environment
• Meet demanding schedules in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Remain current on changes and new developments and techniques that will affect and/or improve application systems
• Maintain confidentiality of information
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Working conditions are a typical office environment.
• Must be able to answer telephones and meet with employees and others who have business with EML.
• Must be able to read a variety of printed or handwritten material including statements, reports, and/or forms.
• Must be able to operate office equipment including a computer and copier.
• Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone.