Location: Birmingham, UK
EML Europe Operations Department
The mission of the EML Europe Operations Department is to provide extraordinary customer service internally and externally, managing client and partner projects in a positive, predictable, efficient, and effective manner. We want every customer and partner to say that we are the best organization they have ever worked with. We know that when they are successful, we are successful.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing projects and ensuring company resources are utilized appropriately. The company maintains a staff of operations managers, software developers, client services support, and account managers that work together to develop, maintain and support our programs functioning on our proprietary processing platform. The Operations Manager will be responsible for indirect management of these groups during the course of a project. Duties include compiling project status reports, maintaining project schedules, facilitating project meetings, identifying and resolving issues and ensuring tasks are completed on time and in accordance with the contract. The Operations Manager will serve as principal point of contact and liaison between the internal groups and external relationships ensuring projects are fully executed and programs are launched into the market successfully.
The Operations Manager is also responsible for the management of strategic partner relationships, which can include vendors, third parties, issuers, and networks. This role will have the responsibility for managing the partnership; maintaining and growing the relationship on behalf of the organization.
Additionally, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing technical projects related to development of new product features, custom reporting and other such development projects as required by the business. The role of the Operations Manager in these technical projects is to act as the Product Owner working closely with members of the IT team to ensure that all business requirements are being met as well as liaising with internal stakeholders and external clients to facilitate requirements gathering, report on project status and ensure that the project is completed and launched into the market on time and successfully.
The Operations Manager must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Team orientation
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Sense of Humor
- Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
- Pride in work and accomplishments
- Belief in personal and team accountability
- Ability to recognize areas of improvement in processes; propose effective solutions and implement process changes within the organization
- Proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Adaptability; ability to change directions based on priorities.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and analytical skills as well as reasoning ability to facilitate decision making processes.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in prepaid products, transaction/ payment processing and relationship management
- Experience prioritizing and breaking down tasks
- Experience meeting demanding schedules and timelines
- Experience setting/managing client expectations
- Experience with principles practices, methods, procedures and terminology used in project management
- Proficient with full Suite of Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, MS project, MS Visio
- Ability to find solutions to complex challenges in an innovative environment
- Ability to negotiate and motivate partners and vendors to support company initiatives
- Ability to meet demanding schedules and timelines
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of types of partners
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple relationships simultaneously
- Ability to lead teams effectively regardless of direct authority