Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Reports to: Senior Accounting Manager
The staff accountant is responsible for the verification, collection, and reconciliation of financial transactions for EML Payments in the US and Canada. Responsibilities include but are not limited to settlements of financial transactions for numerous accounts, accounts payable, accounts receivable, month end reconciliations and assisting in the annual audit. Other areas of assigned duties may be added as workloads dictate. As such work and information may at times be of a confidential nature, the exercise of discretion is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Four years of college level course work in accounting or business and one to three years of increasingly responsible experience in accounting, finance, banking and/or payments.
The staff accountant must exhibit the following characteristics:
• Team orientation
• Curiosity and Assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• High level of urgency
• Commitment to winning
• Agent of change
• Customer Focus
• Sense of Humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
• Belief in personal and team accountability
• Attention to detail
The work requires knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through college-level course work in accounting, finance, banking, or closely related field and practical experience in maintaining financial and statistical records, as well as, an understanding of accounting records and financial statements. This employee must have high ethical values, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and planning skills, and a professional demeanor. This person should have the ability to work effectively with professionals within the company and outside the company, including executives and other business services providers. Further qualifications may vary depending on the nature of the projects expected to be assigned to this position.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The nature of the position is such that specific duties, projects and responsibilities will vary significantly over a period of time, depending on the evolution of the company’s specific needs. The following are examples of areas in which the Staff Accountant may be assigned to assist and/or lead, but assignments and tasks are not limited to these areas:
• Perform all aspects of the daily settlement reconciliation process including the effective resolution of discrepancies with our customers, banking partners and/or IT department.
• Assist the accounting department with the timely month end closing process by performing duties related to the preparation, reconciliation and verification of certain general ledger and bank accounts.
• Prepare information as needed for the annual financial audit.
• Exhibit the ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
• Identify areas for process improvement and work with other members of our business team to automate and/or enhance these processes.
• Provide strict attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
• Exhibit excellent verbal and oral communications skills.
• Manage multiple and competing projects while demonstrating a high level of confidentiality, integrity and professionalism.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Essential functions require sitting approximately 90 percent of time, with balance of time spent traveling to various locations within the office building. Must be able to answer telephones and meet with employees and others who have business with EML. Must be able to read a variety of printed or handwritten material including statements, reports, and/or forms. Must be able to operate office equipment including a computer, fax, copier, etc. Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone.
To apply, please submit resume to Amy Faulkner at email@example.com.