Location: Kansas City, Mo.
At EML, the Project Manager wears multiple hats during the implementation of a client program. This includes business analysis, technical consulting and configuration, as well as providing traditional project management services. As a business analyst and consultant, the Project Manager is responsible for establishing project requirements, defining solution details, managing client integrations, testing the end to end solution, and driving program implementation. The Project Manager is also responsible for compiling project status reports, maintaining project schedules, facilitating project meetings, identifying and resolving issues, and ensuring tasks are completed on time and in accordance with the contract. A program implementation may involve multiple resources across EML, including software developers, development project managers, partnership managers, client support personnel and account managers. The Project Manager will serve as principal point of contact and liaison between the internal groups and external relationships ensuring programs are fully executed and launched into the market successfully.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 + years of program management or project management experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Experience in prepaid, banking or other financial services industry
- Proficient use of Microsoft Project
The Project Manager must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Team orientation
- Curiosity and Assertiveness
- Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
- High level of urgency
- Commitment to winning
- Agent of change
- Customer Focus
- Sense of Humor
- Pride in work and accomplishments
- Belief in personal and team accountability
- Attention to detail
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads client program design, implementation, testing, and launch by collaborating with internal and client stakeholders
- Provides timely project status updates to client and internal stakeholders; including road block issues
- Responsible for driving efforts to remove barriers and ensure successful completion of the overall project
- Creates documentation and trains as needed to ensure all internal and external teams to ensure understanding of how the new program will operate
- Performs quality assurance testing on all project details to ensure a successful launch
- Develops new processes to support the client needs as dictated by the contract or statement of work, and secures necessary organizational buy in
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Obsessively customer focused
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical aptitude
- Experience setting/managing client expectations
- Experience defining client solutions
- Experience prioritizing and breaking down tasks
- Experience meeting demanding schedules and timelines
- Experience with principles practices, methods, procedures and terminology used in project management
- Demonstrates flexibility in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Essential functions require sitting approximately 90 percent of time, with balance of time spent traveling to various locations within the office building, Must be able to answer telephones and meet with employees and others who have business with EML. Must be able to read a variety of printed or handwritten material including statements, reports, and/or forms. Must be able to operate office equipment including a computer, fax, copier, etc. Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone. Must be willing to travel up to 15% of the time when necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.