Reports to: Software Development Manager
Status: Full Time Employee
The Business Analyst works with technical resources, stakeholders from all business units, and external technology/service providers to analyze, define and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Business Analyst must exhibit the following characteristics:
• Team orientation
• Curiosity and Assertiveness
• Self-direction and strong sense of ownership
• High level of urgency
• Commitment to winning
• Agent of change
• Customer Focus
• Sense of Humor
• Pride in work and accomplishments
• Belief in personal and team accountability
• Attention to detail
• Accountability: Ownership of facilitating and coordinating the requirements and specifications for recommendations/improvements to business process and software applications.
• Partnership: Proactively support knowledge sharing within the team and across the company.
• Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate status, goals, and requirements.
• Execution: Demonstrates problem-solving and analytical skills as well as reasoning ability to facilitate decision making processes.
• Analytical: Understands complex technical concepts, simplifies them into easily understandable components, and explains them to internal operational teams in business terms.
• Creative: Ability to recognize areas of improvement in business processes as well as software applications, propose effective solutions, and implement necessary changes within the organization.
• Exemplary: Sets standards and inspires others to exhibit excellence in their work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure consistency is maintained across system applications during product enhancement or new application development by being the subject matter expert.
• Collaborates with the team to document and analyze required information and data.
• Creates and maintains documentation for systems, processes, and procedures.
• Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommendations for solutions.
• Cross-train to identify areas of improvement for backlog user stories to be evaluated by the team.
• Coordinates with appropriate team member to validate proper system messaging as well as Network release cycle management
• Participates in peer review of development output to ensure a match to user acceptance criteria prior to code being released to QA for testing.
• Collaborate with developers, QA, project managers, and end-users to establish a technical vision while maintaining the business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
• Data processing, preferably in the payment card industry
• Managing projects through the full software development lifecycle
• Facilitating cross-functional teams
• Principles, practices, methods, procedures and terminology used in project and product management
• Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Software testing
• Technical writing, including business and functional requirements
• Prior experience in SQL helpful. Understanding of database concepts and information models critical.
• Assess needs and identify opportunities
• Clearly articulate key business objectives
• Comprehend, apply and effectively communicate complex processes to non-technical people
• Make independent judgment and /or take independent action
• Assertively and positively motivate cross-functional teams
• Meet demanding schedules and timelines
• Communicate and work effectively with a variety of personnel
• Maintain confidentiality of information
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Understand technical issues at a high level
• Work collaboratively in driving decisions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Essential functions require; sitting approximately 90 percent of time, heavy telephone and computer user, professional presentation of self to meet with employees and others who have business with EML. Must be able to hear and speak clearly and distinctly to provide information in person or on the telephone. Some travel may be required up to 5% of the time.