Promotional cards are a cost-effective way to drive results, incentivize performance, and solve a variety of other business and marketing challenges. Research shows 84% of U.S. businesses are already using non-cash rewards like promo cards to compensate key audiences, but many aren’t taking advantage of all the ways promotional cards can help you connect with the people who matter most.
Here are ten unique ways you could be using promo cards to meet your goals:
- Collaborative: Team up with another local business that compliments your own to offer promotion and cross-advertising as a great way to get a new customer group in your doors.
- Event-focused: If there’s an upcoming festival, auto show, concert or charity event nearby, offer promotional cards that are only valid in conjunction with the event.
- Employee rewards: Pair a prepaid promo card with a day of paid time off to recognize employees who have gone above and beyond.
- Gamification: Make your promo card campaign into a game and entertain while you earn. Include an interactive element like purchase punch-outs, “collect all four and win” marketing, or virtual “scratch-off” cards.
- Participation points: If you need participants for a focus group, survey, research study or medical trial, you can entice participants with pre-paid promo cards.
- Social media love: When people share your brand, share the love. Eighty eight percent of Americans say they’d like some sort of incentive for sharing a productvia social media. Among 18-34-year-olds, that percentage jumps to 95%.
- Surprise value: Hand out enveloped gift cards in a range of values. Randomize the amounts so most recipients get a smaller promotional value, but a few lucky people receive more substantial amounts.
- Corporate travel: Instead of giving your employees a per-diem limit and dealing with reimbursement headaches when they return, distribute promotional cards to employees traveling for work and have them pay for their food, lodging and incidentals via card.
- Referrals: Sixty seven percent of Americans say they’re at least a little more likely to buy a product if a friend or family member recommends it to them. Encourage this word-of-mouth advertising by offering promo cards for referrals.
- Subscription incentive: Send a promo card to people who sign up for your email newsletters or blog notifications.